Day one will see up to 50 of the UK’s top teams competing in a 20 minute, two car, single casualty scenario using a standard set of rescue tools.
The top 20 teams will pass through to day two for a more complicated two car, two casualty scenario leading to an eventual winner based on Command, Technical and Medical ability.
To book your team onto the event please use the online booking system (see right menu):
The 2016 Extrication Challenge will feature the following areas:
- Three Education Workshops - Heavy Rescue, New Vehicle Technology and Hybrid Vehicles
- Improved Injury Simulation, including the provision of 'Medical Injects',
- New and improved (2016) Extrication Challenge Scoresheets/Guidelines and 'Standard'/'Complex' Scenarios,
- Inclusion of Large Goods Vehicles (LGV) in scenarios, including the lifting of such vehicles,
- Pre-Challenge Education Workshops - 12 pre-booked places are available for any Team wishing to complete the Education Workshops on the Thursday afternoon prior to the Challenge,
- Allocated Standard Scenario “run off” times - Only available for Teams who pre-book the Education Workshops, and
- Restrictions on the use of “Team Equipment” – Teams may only user their own equipment if it is approved by the Extrication Review Group under the "Innovation Criteria”
Please click here to view the vehicle equipment guidelines